Tabs

6.27.2013

You reap what you sow...


"This great nation was founded, not by religionists, but by Christians, not on religions but on the Gospel of Jesus Christ."                          
                                                               --Patrick Henry

Disclaimer: if you are a super sensitive Liberal, this post might anger you.

I, like many Americans, spent the majority of yesterday processing the news. Some Americans were elated, over joyed; in their minds, victorious. Other Americans, like myself, were deeply saddened by the Supreme Court rulings and the Texas filibuster and troubled by the a
larming shift in our nation.

Am I disappointed? Yes. Am I worried? Absolutely. Am I surprised? Not at all. Five years ago, when this nation elected Barack Hussein Obama, it turned a corner. Literally. He promised to "fundamentally transform" America and he and his cronies have absolutely succeeded. America elected him not once but twice knowing that he supported civil unions/gay marriage. America elected him not once but twice knowing that he supported and even sponsored legislation in Chicago allowing abortion up to 40 weeks. America elected him not once but twice knowing that he possessed sympathies for Islamic countries and rogue governments. America elected him not once but twice knowing that he viewed wealth and prosperity as disproportionate and sought to increase taxes and redistribute wealth. So, none of us should be surprised that yesterday occurred. It was just one more chapter in the legacy of change and destruction that Barack Hussein Obama is determined to leave. 

But, friends, my disappointment is tempered by my hope. My faith is in the LORD and I know He is ultimately victorious! Real victory!! I don't care what the Supreme Court justices say in their well written legal opinions. My definition of marriage is based firmly in scripture and in the belief that God's word is accurate and relevant regardless of time and trends. I don't care how many hours some ambitious Texas Senator stands in trendy running shoes and talks in an attempt to make a name for herself on the national political stage. My belief that life begins at conception is firmly rooted in scripture after scripture referring to the blessing of children, the idea that my Lord knit me together in my mother's womb, and that God has a perfect will for every life, born and unborn. 

I don't need the government to agree with me. Our government is an Earthly entity that will fade away. So, my plan is to pray that over the next few months, the antithesis of Barack Hussein Obama will rise from the masses. I pray for our nation and although my love affair with America is somewhat diminished, I still want her to be great and blessed. I want my children to experience the freedoms and liberties I have grown up enjoying. I want to be proud to be an American but I think I will focus more on being different--set apart--not of this world.

No comments:

Post a Comment