Tabs

10.02.2014

OPERATION FIERCE TRUTH: Seriously, this is me being nice...


"A lot of truth is said in jest." --Eminem
Okay, so apparently not everyone appreciates my awesome wit and incredible sense of humor!! Apparently, some people think I am "tacky" and "snide" and "rude" and "condescending" and "preachy" and yes, you guessed it, "intolerant". And then others think that since I am so "heartless" that I obviously don't have any feelings and therefore, any criticism leveled at me would be wasted. Wow, ya'll really have me figured out. (I'm being sarcastic for those of you who delight in misreading me.) Just trying to be helpful!!
Well, just for your information, I cry every single time I watch Bambi and Free Willy. I absolutely have feelings. 
So, today I am going to give my "snarkiness" a rest and be a bit more statistical and informational.
Let's talk facts:
1. The budget deficit continues to shrink in 2014, but federal debt is still growing.
The federal budget deficit for fiscal year 2014 will amount to $506 billion. At 2.9 percent of gross domestic product (GDP), this year's deficit will be much smaller than those of recent years (which reached almost 10 percent of GDP in 2009) and slightly below the average of federal deficits over the past 40 years. However, by CBO's estimates, federal debt held by the public will reach 74 percent of GDP at the end of this fiscal year—more than twice what it was at the end of 2007 and higher than in any year since 1950. (CBO website) So, I'm just curious...Obama has been President since 2008. Do we get to blame him for these numbers yet or are we still blaming everything on Bush?
2. Government Accountability Office released a report confirming that more than 1,000 Obamacare exchange plans cover elective abortion but remain eligible for taxpayer subsidies. (The Heritage Foundation) And although politicians on both sides of the aisle and our Dear Leader PROMISED that tax dollars would NOT go toward funding abortion, we know that over $1,055,000 of tax payer dollars were awarded to Planned Parenthood affiliates in Iowa and Montana to help "navigate" Americans attempting to enroll in Obamacare. Yeah, help "navigate". Sure, I believe you.
3. We have already spent $1 billion dollars bombing ISIS or (ISIL) and we still aren't winning. Wait, can you win an "operation"? After all, we AREN'T at war with radical Islamic terrorists...it's a campaign, right, Mr. President? (Deep breath...only facts, Maci, only facts. No one wants to know why you believe we still aren't winning.) The well-funded, well-armed terrorist militants, who love to behead children and rape and mutilate women, are nearing Baghdad, holding their ground at Fallujah and closing in on the Turkish border. Fan-freakin'-tastic. Oh, wait, I said I wasn't going to be snarky today!! Shoot!!
4. Marijuana remains illegal under federal law and the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration classifies the drug as one of the "most dangerous." Nevertheless, support for marijuana legalization appears to be growing. Besides Colorado and Washington's recreational marijuana laws, 23 states and the District of Columbia have legalized marijuana for medical use, and about a dozen others are likely to legalize cannabis in some form in the coming years. (Huffington Post) **I won't comment at this point on the issue I see with this smoke-ringed trend. Because remember, only facts today.
5. 19 states have legal gay marriage. (But a sole-proprietor baker, in the ever tolerant and hazy minded great state of Colorado, doesn't have the right to not make a same-sex wedding cake because it violates her closely-held religious beliefs. Yeah, I bet there was no other baker in Denver.) Interesting......
6. More than 30 million American school-aged children have been affected by Michelle "For the First Time in My Life I am Proud of my Country" Obama's food campaign. New federal guidelines supported by Mrs. Obama and implemented in schools across our nation, restrict what can be served in school cafeterias, what can be sold in vending machines and in some cases, what can be offered at extracurricular concession stands. Do y'all know what I could say about this?! Seriously, this is SOOOO hard.
7. Our Dear Leader used an executive order to ban the sell and purchase of an entire class of firearms, Kalashnikov firearms. Well, ain't that just peachy? How in the world am I supposed to "cling to my faith and my guns" if they keep making me take down the Ten Commandments and banning my favorite assault rifles? Geez...
Well, as y'all can see, it was near impossible to address some of the many issues I have without interjecting a bit of sarcasm and humor. But TRUTH be told, there is absolutely nothing funny about any of this. Nothing funny at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment