Tabs

2.19.2015

NEWS FLASH: I don't enjoy the idea of war.




For clarity's sake, this is going to be short and to the point.
I am not a fear monger.
I am not blood thirsty.
I am not an Islamophobe.

I don't enjoy the idea of war.

In fact, I would venture to say, that I have a much greater hesitation for the use of military force than many of you reading this.
I would base that assumption on the fact that I understand the harsh realities of war, separation, sacrifice and death more personally and more fully than many of you ever will.
John Stuart Mill once said, "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."
So please, understand that when I say that our Dear Leader is impotent and a coward, I mean it. It isn't about his race, his lack of previous experience, his associations with domestic terrorists and radical, America-hating preachers, his terrible taste in women or his refusal to properly salute military personnel.
It is simply fact: he lacks a backbone. He isn't courageous and brave. He isn't selfless and willing to place the greater good before his own desires. He is caged by his liberal mentality and crippled by his utopian desires. He is weak. And weakness begets fear. And fear begets failure. And failure, well, failure in this case, begets our nation's demise.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, Byron!! I was sort of short-winded in my ranting today!! Hope all is well, friend!!

      Delete