Tabs

3.16.2015

"I say ISIS, you say NO!"




"It does not take a majority to prevail... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." --Samuel Adams

Yesterday morning, we headed out from our downtown DC hotel in search for adventure. Ultimately, our destination was Lincoln's Memorial. 

We meandered through the busy, crowded roadways of Washington DC and found ourselves within a few hundred yards of the White House. 

As we came to a stop light, I noticed pedestrians, dozens of them, crossing the street in front of us carrying what appeared to be long, colorful, cylinder--somethings. 

As we inched along the street, viewing the backside of the White House, I decided to roll my window down. 

The day was cool and windy. After a few seconds of enjoying the fresh air, I began to hear the chanting.

"I say ISIS, you say No!" "ISIS! No!" "ISIS! No!" 





Over and over again.

And there, just yards from the majestic residence that houses our failed Dear Leader, a group of individuals stood gathered. 

The sight was disturbingly beautiful. There were American flags. But there were also Free Syrian Army flags. There were white-as-me protestors and there were dark-skinned, bearded, Middle-eastern-looking protestors. 

The downtown traffic of DC was loud, but these protestors were louder. 

As we drove slowly by the group, I began to swell with pride.

Not because I agreed with their protest or knew, prior to Googling the group, who the heck the Free Syrian Army is; but because those people were FREE.

That smorgasbord of individuals could freely, openly, without fear of reprisal, gather and chant and wave the flag or flags of their choosing. 

The demonstration was perfection. It showed the essence of American freedom and the beauty of what our great nation represents.

So, to all of you idiot, politically correct buffoons who delight in criticizing American culture, language, our flag, pledge, and anthem, I say this to you: you can take your strictures and complaints about this great, freedom-giving nation and shove them where the sun doesn't shine. 

Hard. Shove them hard.

Because over the past couple of days I've witnessed greatness and idiocy. I witnessed patriotism and protest. I witnessed history and visions for our nation's future. 

Yesterday morning, as we drove past that small but passionate gathering, I said a prayer for those protesting ISIS and for the condemned innocents so far away. You see, I needed those ragtag protestors chanting about ISIS to remind me of the priceless freedoms I take for granted each and everyday. 

Because the harsh reality in most Middle Eastern nations, the unfortunate national conditions of many foreign countries, is that those individuals would be mercilessly punished, probably murdered, for behaving a similar way. 

And yet, here, in America, they are free to chant and yell. They are free to dissent. They are free to agree. They are, simply, free.

So, yeah, here's the deal: if you don't love this nation and take pride in her goodness and limitless opportunity, I say, good riddance!! 

Adios! 

Au Revior! 

Ciao!

Peace out!

Seriously, don't let the door hit you where the good LORD split you. 

You don't deserve the awesomeness that is America.

No comments:

Post a Comment