Tabs

3.02.2015

Lord forgive us for what he has done. Amen.


"It is clear that he does not pray, who, far from uplifting himself to God, requires that God shall lower Himself to him, and who resorts to prayer not to stir the man in us to will what God wills, but only to persuade God to will what the man in us wills." --Thomas Aquanis

I wonder if President Obama prays?

Ever.

And I don't mean in public, where there are cameras and reporters and donors and Congressional leaders. I am not talking about praying because a prayer is necessary to the event's agenda.

I am talking about real prayer. The kind of personal, quiet communion with God that takes place in the darkness and stillness of night. Or expressing prayers that are on the lips and in the hearts of believers when they first awaken in the early morning light.

I wonder if our Dear Leader spends his busy, scheduled days in an attitude of prayer? 

You see, I don't think so.

And while I know that it will anger many of you that I am calling into question our Dear Leader's faith, I would argue that me questioning Obama's spirituality in the face of his egregious and immoral stances is no different or more offensive than liberals calling into question George W. Bush's intelligence because he spoke with a Texas accent.

Seriously, that criticism was offensive. Especially to those of us who had the enormous of privilege of being born and raised Texan and take tremendous pride in saying "y'all" and "fixin'" and believe that sweet tea is it's own unique and necessary food group.

Yep, what's good for the goose is good for the gander. (Oh, how I love that some of you will totally get that while others of you are scratching your heads wondering what in the world is a gander.)

Back to Obama...

Now, before some of you get your progressive panties in a wad, I don't think Obama is a Muslim. I don't believe he possesses a prayer mat and is secretly praying five times a day. Because, let's just be real, to be a Muslim would mean he would worship Allah and venerate Muhammad. It would mean studying, retaining and believing the Quran.

Nope, he is not a Muslim. Does he possess crazy, obvious sympathies for the Islamic faith, both moderate and radical? Yes. Abso-freakin-lutely! There is no doubt that he was influenced by the Muslim heritage of his life. There is no question that he possesses an affinity for those who worship Allah and Muhammad. He sees the Muslim religion as peaceful. Even though large portions of it have declared war on our nation. But no, I don't think he is a practicing Muslim.

Nor do I believe that Barack Hussein Obama is a Christian. Yeah, I know that he says he is and I have seen the precious few pictures of his head lowered, his eyes shut and even some with his hands lifted in a worshipful position. But I don't buy it. Because to be a Christian would mean he would worship the LORD and would have given his life to Jesus. It would mean knowing and believing the Bible and recognizing it as the inspired and infallible Word of God. A belief in Jesus Christ and a personal relationship with Him, would require Obama, like it does of all men, to be different, set apart.

And while it may make many of you uncomfortable or even angry, I am going to call it like I see it. I am going to base my conclusions regarding our Dear Leader and his faith, or lack thereof, on his behavior and his rhetoric. Call it judgement. Call it intolerance. Call it whatever you would like. I don't care. Because the truth is this: Christianity contradicts far too much of what Obama endorses. Therefore, a realistic reconciliation of what our Dear Leader sanctions and supports and the tenets of true Christian faith is at a minimum uncomfortable and in reality, quite impossible.



Here's what I believe:

I don't believe Obama is anything. I believe he loves himself and worships knowledge, power and government. I believe he is motivated by a set of morals and beliefs that are not necessarily evil, but are most definitely secular.

He doesn't believe in the supernatural power of an omnipotent, omnipresent LORD; he believes in the power of man and reason.

His allegiance isn't to Jesus and the saving Truth of the Gospel, his allegiance is to what he deems as right and equitable.

His goal is not to evangelize the world and be an ambassador for Body of Christ. His life's mission is to make everyone feel valued and appreciated right where they are. For crying out loud--he was a community organizer!! His mind-blowing resume is still....well, mind-blowing for me.

And don't get me wrong, loving people where they are in life isn't in and of itself is a terrible ambition. However, in some instances, it neglects the calling on our lives to "go forth and makes disciples of men". Let me be clear on this before I get really hateful messages. Loving a homeless man in spite of his poverty and stench, meeting his basic, human needs and then, after a relationship is developed, sharing the Truth of Jesus is EXACTLY what we are called to do. We are supposed to love people where they are in life. We are called to meet them. We are called to shine a light into their darkness. We are called to love. Yes, love. I've read 1 John. I get it.

At some point, a line has to be drawn and a choice has to be made. Believers know that even a loving, merciful LORD eventually runs out of patience and will return to judge this world.

And I am going to go out on a limb here and say that He is not going to respond kindly to those who sought to do harm to and kill His chosen people. Just sayin'....

Listen, I have tried to forget about President Obama's comments at the National Prayer Breakfast. You know, the comments where he equated Christians with modern-day Islamic terrorists. Yep, that little speech was just peachy and so, so telling.

I've tried to rationalize his irrational sympathies for Muslim philosophies and countries. I have tried to understand why he won't call ISIS/ISIL Islamic terrorists. I have tried to understand why he isn't more openly appalled by the atrocities occurring in a land we liberated less than a decade ago. I have tried to grasp how he views them, the Islamic madmen, as misunderstood and us, American Christians, as Islamophobic and hate-filled.

I have tried to understand why he would choose to boycott Benjamin Netanyahu's speech tomorrow. Benjamin Netanyahu is not perfect. In fact, there are many aspects about his leadership that I don't like. But the fact of the matter is that he is the Prime Minister of what was once our staunchest, closest global ally--Israel. Since Israel's national rebirth in the late 1940s we have enjoyed a tremendously beneficial, respectful relationship with the chosen nation. And now, that simply isn't the case. There has been a fracture, a fracture resulting from the policies of this administration, that has strained the good relations to a breaking point. I assure you, God does not intend for us, America, a nation He has so greatly blessed, to abandon Israel, a nation He so greatly loves.

I have tried to grasp his obsession with Iran. I have tried to process his willingness to ignore the detainment and torture of the Christian preacher, Saeed Abedini by those "friendly" Iranians. Sure, would Jesus want me to love the supreme leader of Iran? Yep, I guess. But loving someone or some nation doesn't translate into condoning their barbaric behaviors and national sins. Truly, I don't think that "loving" and tolerating Iran and their anti-Israeli policies and continued, blatant support of terrorism is what Jesus had in mind. I will never understand why Obama brought Bergdahl home and not Abedini. Never.

I have tried to reconcile how Obama, and all the other progressive liberals of this world, can proclaim a faith in Jesus Christ and yet they support abortion, gay marriage, excessive governmental spending (poor stewardship), dependencies and entitlements. Guys, it doesn't take a super, religious bible-thumper to see that these issues are clearly settled in scripture. There is no gray area. There is no ambiguity. The LORD has spoken to each of these and His intent is clear. And because of that, I am just going to say it as plainly as I can: if you are on the wrong side of those issues, you are in direct violation of what God intended for your life and the lives of those effected. And that my friends, is NOT a good, safe place to be.  

George Washington once said, "Let us with caution indulge the supposition that morality can be maintained without religion. Reason and experience both forbid us to expect that national morality can prevail in exclusion of religious principle". 
Yep, even George Washington, a man who many argue was godless and unbelieving, opined that national goodness and morality couldn't exist without the influence of religion and God. Oh, the sweet, powerful things we can learn when we look to those more learned than ourselves. 

So, regardless of modern belief, faith and Jesus aren't the enemy. They are, without a doubt, the answer to our many contemporary dilemmas. 

So, nope. I am going to have to conclude that our Dear Leader isn't spending too much time on his knees in prayer. Because if he were, heck, if all of us were, the condition of our nation and world would look much, much different.

Can I get an "Amen"?!

3 comments: